I am interested in exploring and reconstructing the regional tectonics in various aspects. Conducted issues, for instance, include constructing the structural kinematic model of northeastern Taiwan by spatial analyses of seismicity and stress (Huang et al., 2012), delineating the complex Moho geometry in Taiwan arc-continent collision system using Genetic-algorithm 1D velocity inversion and local tomography mapping technique (Ustaszewski et al., 2012), and proposing an ongoing tectonic erosion process of forearc basement beneath the southernmost Longitudinal Valley, based on local tomographic images and two earthquake sequences in the eastern Taiwan (Shyu et al., 2011).
- Brown, D.*, Y.-M. Wu, K.-F. Feng, W.-A. Chao, and H.-H. Huang (2015), Imaging high-pressure rock exhumation in eastern Taiwan, Geology, 43(7), doi:10.1130/G36810.1.
- Camanni, G.*, C.-H. Chen, D. Brown, J. Alvarez-Marron, Y.-M. Wu, H.-A. Chen, H.-H. Huang, H.-T. Chu, M.-M. Chen, and C.-H. Chang (2013), Basin inversion in central Taiwan and its importance for seismic hazard, Geology, doi: 10.1130/G35102.1.
- Ustaszewski, K.* , Y.-M. Wu, J. Suppe, H.-H. Huang, C.-H. Chang, and S. Carena (2012), Crust-mantle boundaries in the Taiwan - Luzon arc-continent collision system determined from local earthquake tomography and 1D models: Implications for the mode of subduction polarity reversal, Tectonophysics, special issue: Geodynamics and Environment in East Asia, 578, 31-49.
- Huang, H.-H., J. B. H. Shyu*, Y.-M. Wu, C.-H. Chang, and Y.-G. Chen (2012), Seismotectonics of northeastern Taiwan: Structural characteristics of a transitional area from wanning collision to subduction and post-collisional extension, J. Geophys. Res., 117, B01313, doi:10.1029/2011JB008852.
- Shyu, J. B. H.*, Y.-M. Wu, C.-H. Chang, and H.-H. Huang (2011), Tectonic erosion and the removal of forearc lithosphere during arc-continent collision: Evidence from recent earthquake sequences and tomography results in eastern Taiwan, J. Asian Earth Sci., 42, 415-422.
- Hou, C.-S., J.-C. Hu*, K.-E. Ching, Y.-G. Chen, C.-L. Chen, L.-W. Cheng, C.-L. Tang, H.-H. Huang, and C.-H. Lo (2009), The crustal deformation of the Ilan Plain acted as a westernmost extension of the Okinawa Trough, Tectonophysics, 466, 344-355.